Injuries sustained in Accidents

Injuries sustained in Accidents

If I am involved in an accident am I entitled to compensation?

Depending on how the injury was sustained, you may be entitled to bring a personal injuries case for compensation. The right to compensation will arise if you can prove a) that the negligence or breach of duty of the other party caused the accident and b) that the injuries were sustained as a result of the accident. In a personal injuries case, two major factors fall to be determined, namely:-

  • Who is to blame for the accident
  • The level of compensation the injured party is to receive

If the person who has sustained the injury is successful in establishing that another party is responsible for the accident, the level of compensation will then be decided.

The compensation to which the injured party is entitled will normally comprise of “general damages” and “special damages”. General damages are awarded for the pain and suffering sustained by the injured party and special damages are made up of the expenses and financial losses which the injured party has incurred. In general, all such cases must be brought firstly through the Injuries Board procedure. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of that procedure, a court case can then be brought to seek compensation.

If you feel you have been injured through the fault of someone else, you may be entitled to compensation. Talk to McGrath Mullan solicitors. We can advise you in relation to your options.


In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.

Accident Injuries - Contact Us Today

Are you seeking compensation for injuries sustained in road traffic accidents or in a fall? Contact us today to discuss your options. Any of our solicitors will be delighted to speak with you without obligation.