If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in Separation or Divorce proceedings, ensure that you have the 6 most important bases covered in Family Law proceedings:-
1. Obtain a Divorce decree or a Judicial Separation order so that you will be in a position to move on with the rest of your life.
2. If you have children, make sure that proper provision is made for them in respect of custody and access. This will help to provide routine for the children and will hopefully lessen the impact of the separation/divorce.
3. Ensure that maintenance for you, as the spouse and any children (if applicable) is covered in your divorce/separation, in order to provide some form of financial stability.
4. Make sure that the division of all of the assets of the marriage is addressed in the separation/divorce, both in respect of property and finances.
5. Obtain pension adjustment orders, where necessary, as this is an area which can have a huge impact on one’s quality of life when one gets older.
6. Ensure that your divorce/separation provides for the waiver of succession rights so that when you die, your estate will be distributed as per your will, without a claim being made against it by your former spouse.
At McGrath McGrane LLP we have the experience and expertise to ensure that your separation or divorce is as painless as possible. We appreciate that this is a very difficult time for our clients. Accordingly, we will go out of our way to provide our clients with concise legal advice in an efficient and humane way, in order to achieve the best outcome possible.
If you need legal advice in respect of a Family Law matter, please contact our Family Law partner, Brian S. McGrane, at email@example.com
If you are thinking of engaging a lawyer, why not contact us today to see if we can assist? Any of our solicitors will be delighted to speak with you without obligation.
Phone: +353 (0) 1 873 5012
Fax: +353 (0) 1 873 5024