Notify ISD of change of address

s. 9 of the Immigration Act 2004 requires ‘non-nationals’ to notify ISD of a change in their address. This must be given in advance to their local immigration officer and if changing areas, within 48 hours of arrival to the new immigration officer.

Failure to do so can result in a conviction and hefty fine.

It goes further: if you are to be absent of a month, you must give your immigration officer notice of where you are and keep them updated. Including when you return!

Whether this applies to EU nationals depends on whether it survives comparison with the law of the European Union. Doubtful.

In practical terms, ‘non-nationals’ should email with any change of address.

Separately, if you have a pending naturalisation application, ISD ask that you complete a change of address form.

Contact McGrath Mullan

If you are thinking of engaging a lawyer, why not contact us today to see if we can assist? Any of our solicitors will be delighted to speak with you without obligation.

McGrath Mullan Solicitors

Phone: +353 (0) 1 873 5012

Fax: +353 (0) 1 873 5024